1/9/12

Welcome Piper Amelia Wolf!

I just realized that I have not updated the blog with the announcement of our beautiful little girl, Piper Amelia!


We arived at the hospital at 10am on 12/27/11. The surgery was scheduled for 12pm and we were so ready!! Lorelai, had been asking for months when "baby sis'er will come out of mommy's tummy," and Alex and I were excited to tell her that it would only be a few more hours before she was able to meet her. We checked in and got all the pre-opp stuff done. Alex and I went into surgery, and Lorelai went to the waiting room with Granny and Grandpa (and a new art set to play with). At 12:34pm we were blessed with our beautiful red headed daughter! Alex went with the nurses to get her cleaned up and I went to recovery. After only about a hour and a half, I was able to join everyone in the largest hospital room I have ever seen.


Alex and I had decided that we were not going to choose a name until she was born, because we wanted to see what she looked like before committing to a name. We talked it over and decided that she looked like a Piper! We did however decide on the middle name before hand, as we wanted to use Alex's Grandmother's name Amelia for the middle name. (Lorelai's middle name came from my Grandmother's middle name.) So, it was set, our new little Princess was named Piper Amelia Wolf.

Lorelai told everyone she knew that "baby sis'er is out of Mommy's tummy!" She loves being a big sister and loves helping with Piper! Some of my most cherished memories will be seeing her hold Piper and feed her for the first time. It is an image that warms my heart!


Alex and I are so excited to now have 2 beautiful little girls! Piper is a good little baby so far. She doesn't fuss much, and (even though it seems like a lot in the middle of the night) she only gets up 2 times at night now.


So, I guess there is nothing left to say but...Welcome Piper, we are all excited to have you in our lives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment